- Recovery Team Meetings were held on 9 Aug 2018 and 21 Feb 2019.
- Release this year of 73 hatchlings at Beermullah, Moore River on 23rd August.
- Wetlands Conference on 2 Feb 2019
- Planting 27 July, 2019 and guided walk of the Ellen Brook NR by Andrew Burbidge.
- Presentations to many schools and groups
- Displays and attendance at Whiteman Park, Aveley Community Fair, Rockingham Library, Bullsbrook Library, Ellen Stirling Earth Day, People @ Place, Ellenbrook, Piney Lakes Threatened Species Day, Home Educators of WA Expo, Chittering Landcare Expo, World Wetlands Conference.
- Sculpture Has been completed at Margaret River Chocolate Company and is being currently being installed.
Margaret River Chocolate Factory has once again donated from the proceeds of the sale of chocolate tortoises – $5000.
Andrew has once again arranged for a donation tin at Grill’d in Mt Lawley for September. $100
Mady donated her mother’s turtle collection to the group when Mum went into a nursing home. About $65 in sales so far.
Over 1000 volunteer hours have been recorded at DBCA by Friends of the Western Swamp Tortoise group.
ONCE AGAIN A GIANT THANKS TO OUR TEAM FOR HELPING RAISE THE PROFILE OF THE WESTERN SWAMP TORTOISE.